BOSTON (July 28, 2020) - Liberty Mutual Insurance is proud to have made Forbes magazine’s America’s Best Employers for Women list for the third consecutive year. Liberty Mutual was one of 300 companies that were determined through a joint Statista/Forbes survey response collection and analysis of U.S. employee perceptions that was applied to a sample of 75,000 employees working for firms or institutions in the U.S. that employ 1,000 or more. The sample included more than 45,000 women.
Forbes’ survey was conducted using several online access panels, providing a representative sample of the U.S. workforce, where employees were asked to give their opinion on a series of statements surrounding atmosphere and development; image; working conditions; salary and wage; and workplace and diversity with regard to their own employer. To focus on topics which are in general more relevant for women, Forbes asked women to rate their own employers regarding parental leave; family support; flexibility; discrimination; representation and career; and pay equity.
To attract and retain the next generation of women leaders, Liberty Mutual offers competitive benefits and professional development opportunities that include:
- Eight weeks of parenting leave for all birth mothers, fathers and adoptive parents in addition to eight weeks of short-term disability for childbirth.
- Up to 20 days bereavement leave for the loss of an immediate family member and up to three days of paid time off for the death of all other eligible family members.
- Organized the Men as Allies Summit that featured renowned speakers and leaders in gender collaboration, along with Liberty Mutual leaders. Recognizing that women's advancement is not just a woman's issue, Liberty Mutual took a different approach by helping men understand that it was also in their best interest to join women in these efforts as allies. More than 450 male and female employees attended the event, which sparked further discussions and deepened interest in post-summit learning.
- Participated in, and is presenting sponsor of, The Commonwealth Institute’s Women’s Leadership Development in Massachusetts Annual Impact Studies. Results from the program of research will provide increased visibility about the importance of women’s leadership development and enable organizations to understand ways to enhance and improve their current offerings.
- 2020 Women on Boards has recognized Liberty Mutual for over a decade as a winning “W” company for having a board that is made up of more than 20% women