BOSTON, Sept. 16, 2019 – For the second consecutive year, Liberty Mutual Insurance has made Forbes magazine's America's Best Employers for New Graduates list. This year, Liberty Mutual ranks 112 out of 250 companies, which were selected through a joint Statista/Forbes independent survey of more than 10,000 U.S. young professionals, defined as those with under 10 years of work experience, who work for companies employing at least 1,000 people in the U.S.
"This recognition from Forbes demonstrates that our development programs for young professionals are providing them with a quality work experience that gets them excited about the company and our business," said Melanie Foley, Liberty Mutual Insurance Executive Vice President and Chief Talent & Enterprise Services Officer. "Great ideas keep us fresh and forward-thinking, so we offer a broad suite of training tools to all employees to help them develop, grow and advance their careers. We want and need employees to raise ideas, ask questions, and think outside what they are being asked to do. It's the collection of all of our individual strengths that allows us to shape the future."
Maura Quinn, Liberty Mutual Insurance Assistant Vice President of Campus Recruiting and Programs said: "New graduates are unofficial ambassadors for the company when they connect with their college friends and by giving them a great onboarding experience, connecting them with a strong professional network, and helping them successfully navigate new job challenges, we can ensure that they help spread the word about how great it is to work at Liberty Mutual."
To attract and retain young professionals to the insurance industry, Liberty Mutual offers a wide-range of externships and experiential learning programs in addition to its internships.
- Student Diversity Summit: A full day event designed to facilitate constructive dialogue among students surrounding topics in diversity, inclusion, and the future of the workplace with the support of Liberty Mutual D&I leadership. Participants have numerous opportunities to network and interact with recent college hires, senior leaders and recruitment professionals.
- Women in Technology Summit: This is an immersive three-day program for female students designed to empower, motivate, and celebrate women pursuing a career in tech.
- Undergraduate & Graduate Development Programs: These cohort-based experiential learning programs prepare new graduates to be future high-performing leaders through rotations and projects in different departments across Liberty Mutual. Each rotation or project provides the opportunity to build a new skill, acquire judgment, and broaden perspective in order to be successful at Liberty both today, and in the future. Rotations and project assignments are supported by a program curriculum of training and development specifically geared toward their chosen area of focus which include Actuarial, Finance, Human Resources, and Information Technology for undergraduates, and General Management for graduate level hires.
- The MBA Women's Leadership Invitational: A two-day externship experience designed to provide first-year female MBA students with exceptional leadership qualities along with the opportunity to learn about Liberty Mutual and careers in the insurance industry. Female students from diverse backgrounds, representing top MBA schools across the country travel as our guests to our corporate headquarters in Boston to participate in workshops and activities geared towards bringing out leadership qualities, navigating a career in a Fortune 100 company, and building and maintaining a personal brand. Participants have numerous opportunities to network, interact, and share ideas with peers, recent female MBA hires, senior women leaders and recruitment professionals.
- The MBA Recognizing Inclusion in Successful Enterprise (RISE) Program: A two-day program designed to attract and retain top diverse MBA talent to Liberty Mutual by providing newly accepted MBA students support throughout their two-year MBA tenure. The support includes an assigned mentor with regularly scheduled meetings, virtual professional development opportunities, and access to early interviews for summer internships.
Forbes' survey was conducted using several online access panels, providing a representative sample of the U.S. Young Professional workforce. The survey was conducted on companies from all industry sectors with more than 1,000 employees in the U.S. as well as master's students from 1,000 universities who have one to three years of work experience. The young professionals were asked to give their opinion on a series of statements surrounding atmosphere and development, image, working conditions, salary & wage, workplace and diversity with regard to their own employer. Survey participants were also given the opportunity to evaluate other employers in their respective industries that stand out either positively or negatively.
About Liberty Mutual Insurance
Liberty Mutual's purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. The promise we make to our customers throughout the world is to provide protection for the unexpected, delivered with care.
In business since 1912, and headquartered in Boston, Mass., today we are the fifth largest global property and casualty insurer based on 2018 gross written premium. We also rank 75th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2018 revenue. As of December 31, 2018, we had $41.6 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
We employ nearly 50,000 people in 30 countries and economies around the world. We offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, specialty lines, reinsurance, commercial multiple-peril, workers compensation, commercial automobile, general liability, surety, and commercial property. You can learn more about us by visiting www.libertymutualinsurance.com.