A Proactive Approach to Safety
Do you know how to guard against slips, trips, and falls on your property? Or do you know the steps to take to help protect your business against hurricane damage? Our risk control and property engineering consultants know these answers and more and are highly trained to help you protect your business before losses occur.
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we recognize that a family-owned bakery has different exposures than a national warehouse chain, so we customize solutions based on your business’s specific needs. Our focus is to safeguard your business, employees, and property against risk by providing information and helping you plan ahead.
Specialized Support From Our Risk Professionals
You’ll always work with someone who truly understands your business and the risks you face. Our risk control and property engineering consultants are:
- Industry specialists
- Educated with degrees and designations in engineering, safety, and risk control
- Active members of leading industry associations and safety committees
Working With You to Protect Your Business
Our experienced risk control services group will work with you to assess your business, identify exposures, and make practical suggestions to help you mitigate risk.
When you need answers, we’re available online, on the phone, and onsite:
- Use our proprietary safety website, Liberty Mutual SafetyNet™, to access a wide range of educational materials and self-assessment tools to help keep your business safe.
- Contact experienced specialists at our Risk Control Consulting Center by phone or email.* Consultants are available to answer your questions, provide advanced technical guidance, and give recommendations both before and after losses occur.
- Attend complimentary safety training, via classroom sessions (PDF) or webinars, to better understand your business’s potential for accidents and how to implement cost-effective solutions.
Onsite Support for Complex Programs
Some complex programs require onsite support.* We can conduct an evaluation of your location, develop a customized plan of action, suggest improvements, and help you implement practical solutions. Our risk professionals can:
- Provide general safety assessments to identify areas of exposure and loss to help you address worker safety and liability risks
- Analyze storage practices, review specifications and plans for construction projects, and attend fire alarm and system testing for your property
Dedicated Resources for Added Protection
Our commitment to safety extends beyond our office walls. We have dedicated risk control facilities that support your safety efforts and shape how we design our programs, including:
- Liberty Mutual Fire Lab: An educational facility that provides hands-on property loss control training and classroom seminars to help you better protect your business. Programs are available for our property customers and the public.
- Liberty Mutual Industrial Hygiene Lab: Our accredited hygiene lab quickly and efficiently provides air and gas sampling services exclusively for customers.
- Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety:This research institute, dedicated to improving occupational safety and the health of workers, helps us bring evidence-based research to reality. The institute’s research on ergonomics; driving; and slips, trips, and falls is the basis for many of our solutions and recommendations.
We have the risk control resources and expertise to help you keep your employees, property, and workplace safe. To learn more, contact an independent agent or your broker today.
*Services may vary depending on account size and coverage type. Please contact your independent agent or your broker for more information.