Liberty Mutual* values you as a customer and takes your personal privacy seriously. When you request a rate quotation, apply for insurance, request changes to your insurance policy or submit a claim, you disclose information about yourself or members of your family. This notice tells you how we treat the information we collect about you.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect information about you from:
- Applications or other forms you complete, and information you provide to us over the telephone; Your business dealings with us and other companies;
- Your employer or association for Liberty Mutual Group products;
- Consumer reporting agencies, Motor Vehicle Departments, inspection services and medical providers; and
- Visits to our Liberty Mutual website.
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE
We may disclose the following about you:
- Information from your application or other forms, such as your name, date of birth, address, social security number, vehicle and driver information;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your insurance coverages, payment history, and certain claims information; and
- Information we receive from third parties, such as your motor vehicle records and claims history.
- TO WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
We do not disclose personal information about you to anyone unless allowed by law. We are allowed by law to provide information to:
- A third party that performs services for us, such as claims investigations, medical examinations, inspections, and appraisals or for roadside assistance or the repair of your vehicle if you have a claim;
- Our affiliated companies and reinsurers; Insurance regulators and reporting agencies;
- Consumer reporting agencies to obtain loss history information, motor vehicle reports, or credit report information where permitted by law;
- State Motor Vehicle Departments to obtain a report of any accidents or convictions or to confirm your compliance with compulsory motor vehicle liability insurance laws;
- Law enforcement agencies or other government authorities to report suspected illegal activities; A person or organization conducting insurance actuarial, or research studies;
- Companies that provide marketing services on our behalf, or as part of a joint marketing agreement with banks, credit unions, and affinity partners, or providers of annuity and financial products and services offered through us to our customers; and
- As otherwise permitted by law.
- HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information. These safeguards comply with applicable laws. We retain your information for as long as required by law or regulation. The only employees or agents who have access to your information are those who must have it to provide products or services to you. We do not sell your information to mass marketing or telemarketing companies. Any information we share with third parties, such as those organizations which perform a service for us or market our products, is subject to appropriate confidentiality protections and may be used only for the purposes intended.
*This privacy notice is provided on behalf of the following Liberty Mutual companies and affiliates that provide personal automobile, homeowners, life insurance and annuities: Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Liberty Insurance Corporation, LM Insurance Corporation, The First Liberty Insurance Corporation, Liberty Insurance Company of America, Liberty Northwest Insurance Corporation, Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, Liberty County Mutual Insurance Company (Texas only), Liberty Lloyds of Texas Insurance Company, LM Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Personal Insurance Company, Liberty Personal Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Mid-Atlantic Insurance Company, LM General Insurance Company, American States Preferred Insurance Company, Consolidated Insurance Company, Wausau General Insurance Company, Wausau Underwriters Insurance Company, Wausau Business Insurance Company, Montgomery Mutual Insurance Company, North Pacific Insurance Company, Peerless Indemnity Insurance Company, Indiana Insurance Company, and The Netherlands Insurance Company.
2348 01 19