LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
(A Massachusetts Stock Insurance Company, hereinafter the “Insurer”)
ENDORSEMENT NO. […]
This endorsement changes the policy. please read it carefully.
Important notice concerning our insurance
We value you as a customer and take your personal privacy seriously!
This Privacy Practices Notice describes the information we may collect about you, the types of information we may disclose and to whom we may disclose it and how we protect the information collected from or about you.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT: We collect information about you from:
- Applications or other forms you complete;
- Your business dealings with us and other companies;
- Your employer or association for our products; and
- Consumer reporting agencies, Motor Vehicle Departments, inspection services, the Medical Information Bureau and medical providers.
2. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE: We may disclose the following about you:
- Information from your application or other forms, such as your name, address, vehicle and driver information;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your insurance coverages, payment history, and certain claims information; and
- Information we receive from third parties, such as credit history, your motor vehicle records and claims history.
3. TO WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED: We do not disclose personal information about you to anyone unless allowed by law. We are allowed by law to provide information to:
- A third party that performs services for us, such as claims investigations, inspections, and appraisals;
- Our affiliated companies and reinsurers;
- Insurance regulators and reporting agencies;
- Your State Motor Vehicle Department (for a report of any accidents or convictions);
- Law enforcement agencies or other government authorities (to report suspected illegal activities);
- A person or organization conducting insurance actuarial or research studies which are subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements; and
- Companies that provide marketing services on our behalf, or as part of a joint marketing agreement with banks, credit unions, and affinity partners which are subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements.
4. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION: This is how we protect information:
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information. These safeguards comply with applicable laws.
- We retain your information for as long as required by law or regulation.
- The only employees or agents who have access to your information are those who must have it to provide products or services to you.
- We do not sell your information to mass marketing or telemarketing companies.
Thank you for selecting us to service your insurance needs!
For the purposes of this notice, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to the Company providing your insurance shown as “Coverage Is Provided In” on your Declarations.