David Long is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Liberty Mutual Insurance Group.
He was elected President in June 2010, became Chief Executive Officer in June 2011, and was elected Chairman in June 2013. Mr. Long has been a member of the Board of Directors of Liberty Mutual since 2010.
Mr. Long began his career at Liberty Mutual in 1985, and he has held positions of increasing responsibility in the company’s International Operations, Commercial Markets, Underwriting and Financial, and Mergers and Acquisitions.
Mr. Long’s affiliations include:
- Serves on the Board of Directors of multiple Liberty Mutual affiliate companies
- Former Member of President’s Advisory Committee for Trade Policy and Negotiations
- Board of Trustees, Hartwick College
- Board of Trustees, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Director of Massachusetts General Hospital’s President’s Council
- Chairman for the annual fundraiser, Aspire - provides social services and development opportunities for children and young adults on the Autism spectrum.
- MIT President’s CEO Advisory Board
- Board Member of Tamarack Technologies
- Board Member of Ford’s Theatre, Washington, DC
- Board Member of Massachusetts Competitive Partnership (MACP)
- Board Member of Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Governor’s for the Boston College Chief Executives’ Club of Boston
- Board Member of Jobs for Massachusetts, Inc.
Mr. Long earned a B.A. degree in mathematics from Hartwick College in 1983, a M.S. in finance from Boston College in 1989, and was awarded honorary doctorate degrees from Hartwick College in 2014, Bentley University in 2017 and Merrimack College in 2018.