The level of information gathered by Liberty Mutual varies depending upon your request. The gathering of this information is designed with you in mind so that we can better service the products we offer you. Here are some examples of the types of information the Liberty Mutual web site collects if you choose to provide it:
- "Contact Us" & Other Email Forms - Name & Email Address
- Request for Information Forms - Name & Mailing Address and/or Email Address
- Event Registration Forms - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title & Phone Number
- Newsletter Subscriptions - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title & Phone Number
- Resume Builder - Name, Address, Phone Number, Education, Certifications & Work Experience
- Auto Quoting Application - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Household and Driver information, Date of Birth, Vehicle and Coverage information, Discount eligibility information, Social Security Number, Consumer Reporting and Department of Motor Vehicle information
- Home Quoting Application - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Property Address and Coverage information, Discount eligibility information, Social Security Number and Consumer Reporting information.
- Life Quoting Tool – Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Resident State, Date of Birth, Gender, Tobacco Use, Health and Other Personal Information for Estimated Underwriting Classification, Quoted Coverage Type, Amount and Premium
- Claims Service Online Reporting - Name, Address, Date of Birth, Policy Number, Phone, information about the claim or accident, information about the occupants of the other vehicle(s) (if applicable), the names of witnesses & other contact information
- Disability claim or Leave of Absence Online Reporting - Name, Address, Date of Birth, Phone, Employer, information about the claim or leave
- Safety & Health Online Catalog Order Form - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title, Phone Number
- Risk Strategies Library Registration - Name, Email Address, Mailing Address, Company, Title, Phone Number
- Online Customer Service - Name, Address, Phone Number, Policy Number, last 4 digits of your social security number and date of birth, nature of request.
- Liberty Mutual Rewards - Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Gender, Customer Status.
- eBilling - Name, Address, Phone Number, Email address, Banking information, Credit Card number if provided.
- Play Positive™ - Name, Mailing Address, Email address, Phone number, Favorite sport, Affiliated youth sport partner, Organization information (Name, Nickname, Website, Facebook page, Twitter handle, Type, Ages Served, Address)
- Social networking websites - You may choose to utilize your social media profile from select social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other like-type social media sites to access content on our websites. By doing so, you specifically grant permission and authorize us to collect, store and use authorized personal information from these sites as indicated during the use and authorization process
Using Information Gathered
The information Liberty Mutual collects is used to provide policy quotes when requested, administer insurance policies, answer questions or concerns, register participants for Liberty Mutual sponsored events, Liberty Mutual Rewards, content and provide information requested in a timely manner.
By using our website, Liberty Mutual is able to log general statistical information (from log files) such as: the domain name, IP address and browser type of our web site visitors. With the information gathered, we are better able to create a customized experience for your visit to our web site. The log file information does not contain personally identifiable information, such as name, address, phone, etc. and is used only in the aggregate.
What is a cookie? Cookies are sets of information that our web server assigns to you when you visit our web site. Cookies are used in a few areas of our site only for maintaining information between pages. They are not used for storing or tracking personal information from our customers. These cookies simply carry forward information that you submitted on one screen to the next screen, eliminating the need for redundant entry. These cookies do not gather any other personal information from you or your computer. You do have a choice whether or not to accept the cookie, however, if you reject the cookie or if cookies are disabled on your web browser, some parts of the web site will not be operable.
About Pixel Tags and DoubleClick Spotlight tags
We use pixels tags, or transparent GIF files, and Google/DoubleClick Spotlight Tags to help manage our online advertising and promotions. These tags collect anonymous (not personally identifiable) information about which advertisements and promotions bring users to our Web site. The Spotlight Tags enable DoubleClick to recognize a unique cookie on your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn how users respond to our online advertisements and promotions. With both cookie and tag technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. For more information about Google/DoubleClick, including information about how to opt out of the Spotlight Tags, please go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads/
Behavioral Advertising Compliance Disclosure
Liberty Mutual and/or our partners may use data collected on this site to customize ads to you on other web sites as you browse the Web. If you do not want your browsing behavior used for online behavioral advertising purposes, CLICK HERE to opt-out from Liberty Mutual and/or CLICK HERE to opt-out of our third party partners.
DAA Compliance Disclosure
Liberty Mutual uses the Evidon assurance service to comply with the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) (http://www.aboutads.info). As part of this service, Liberty Mutual’s online advertisements and Web sites are sometimes delivered with icons that help consumers understand how their data is being used and provide choice options to consumers that want more control.
Non Liberty Mutual Web Sites
Sharing Information Gathered
The Liberty Mutual web site is designed to give our customers, prospective customers, and visitors a confidential means of gathering information about our Company, services and products and for doing business with us over the Internet. Our site will only collect information that you voluntarily provide in order for us to service your request. If you have provided personal information on our web site in order to obtain a policy quote, administer your insurance policies, ask us a question, or register for a Liberty Mutual sponsored event, we may need to share that information with authorized third parties, if necessary to service your request. We may also share your information with companies that perform marketing and communications services on our behalf. We do not sell any customer information to mailing list companies or telemarketing companies.
Protecting Information Gathered and Security
Personal information you have provided is limited to employees and agents of Liberty Mutual who need to know that information in order to service your request. Liberty Mutual maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable regulations to guard your personal information. Liberty Mutual retains the information collected for as long as required or permitted by law or regulation.
Notification of Changes
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
Liberty Mutual Mid-Atlantic Insurance Company
Liberty Insurance Corporation
LM Insurance Corporation
The First Liberty Insurance Corporation
Liberty Insurance Company of America
Helmsman Management Services, Inc.
Helmsman Insurance Agency, Inc.
Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston
Liberty Lloyds of Texas Insurance
Employers Insurance Company of Wausau
Wausau Business Insurance Company
Wausau General Insurance Company
Wausau Underwriters Insurance Company
Liberty Northwest Insurance Corporation
Liberty County Mutual Insurance Company (Texas only)
LM Property and Casualty Insurance Company
Liberty Mutual Personal Insurance Company
Liberty Personal Insurance Company,
LM General Insurance Company,
American States Preferred Insurance Company,
Consolidated Insurance Company
175 Berkeley Street
Boston, MA 02116
Last modified on: October 05, 2015.